Corus Entertainment contracted me to create artwork for a pitch to Alberta Health. Once the pitch was accepted, this project ended up being expanded into a series of 21 webisodes. The webisodes featured Dr. Frantic, a well-loved character I had previously created for YTV’s Jinx Series of games. The campaign involved Dr. Frantic and his robot assistant performing various humorous experiments in order to teach kids about healthy eating and staying active. This campaign won a Gold Media Innovation Award.
- initial illustrations for pitch package
- creating storyboards based on scripts provided by the client
- character design and background artwork
- animation of 21 webisodes (plus a short intro)
- sourcing, editing and adding sound effects
- incorporating voiceovers provided by the client